How Do the Ingredients in Mountain Ice Joint & Bone Health Complex Promote Stronger Joints?
Mountain Ice Bone and Joint Health Complex is an advanced formula designed to promote better bone health while increasing joint flexibility and motion. Our unique formulation is comprised of potent, all-natural ingredients designed to reduce inflammation and protect connective tissue in joints. Read on to learn about how the ingredients in our new supplement promote better joint health!
Boswellia (Indian Frankincense)
- Boswellic acids inhibit the synthesis of leukotrienes, inflammatory mediators whose overproduction can lead to harmful inflammation.
- When combined with curcumin (turmeric's active ingredient), has shown increased effectiveness in reducing joint pain.
- Inhibits TNF-alpha (tumor necrosis factor alpha), a cytokine responsible for signalling pro-inflammatory response.
- Contains chondroitin sulfate and glucosamine, ingredients also featured in Mountain Ice Joint & Bone Sulfate Complex for their ability to promote stronger, more flexible joints.
- Inhibits the production of inflammatory cytokines.
- Studies indicate it has potential to induce tolerance for proteins that mediate immune response, ultimately reducing inflammation.
- Enhances shock-absorbing properties of collagen, helping joints resist damage.
- Blocks enzymes that break down cartilage.
- Helps cartilage retain water, decreasing friction on joints and distributing pressure over a wider area, which reduces joint wear.
GLA (Gamma-linolenic acid)
- An omega-6 fatty acid, GLA reacts with the enzyme families COX (cyclooxygenase) and LOX (Lipoxygenases), creating lipids that have anti-inflammatory effects.
- Inhibits production of Leukotriene B4, which induces inflammatory response.
- A natural compound found in joint cartilage that helps to grow and repair cartilage, preventing wear & tear that causes OA.
- Lubricates joints and helps cartilage retain water, preventing it from breaking down. Strong cartilage means less wear on joints.
Green Tea Extract
- Contains high levels of catechins like EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate), which have been linked to reduced inflammation and protection against cellular damage from free radicals.
- Binds to water in the joint, creating a viscous fluid that improves lubrication and acts as a shock absorber for stress on the joint.
- Promotes tissue growth in cartilage, strengthening connective tissue between bones.
- Regulates inflammation in damaged tissue, preventing excess inflammatory response.
- Curcumin, the main chemical in turmeric, blocks cytokines and enzymes involved in inflammation response, including 5-LOX and cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2). This reduces joint inflammation.