How Menthol is Used in Mountain Ice Muscle Therapy Gel
Menthol, a potent analgesic known for its cooling properties, is a key ingredient in our new Mountain Ice Muscle Therapy Gel. But how does it propel your body to peak athletic performance? Read on to find out!
Menthol is commonly the main active ingredient in many topical pain relievers, and it has three major functions that alleviate muscle, bone, and joint pain:
- Cooling sensation: Menthol stimulates thermoreceptors in skin cells that help your body recognize temperature changes. This sends signals that your brain interprets as cold, which relieves the heat of inflammation.
- Numbing sensation: Menthol binds to a receptor known as the κ-opioid receptor, which produces an analgesic effect that numbs pain.
- Vasodilation: Topically-applied menthol widens blood vessels, increasing blood flow while delivering more oxygen and nutrients to damaged tissue for faster healing.
Menthol has also shown promise in improving athletic performance when applied before competition:
- Its cooling effect has been used by athletes competing in hot weather to .
- Repeated applications of topical menthol during time to exhaustion (TTE) tests on athletes showed an average 48% improved output for athletes.
The powerful effects of menthol work in Mountain Ice Muscle Therapy Gel whether you're looking to enhance performance or recover faster. By increasing circulation, menthol helps deliver other all-natural ingredients deep into your muscles and joints, helping to reduce inflammation, alleviate soreness, and improve your range of motion both before and after exertion.
Are you looking to boost your athletic performance and improve recovery time from physical exertion? Try Mountain Ice Muscle Therapy Gel today!