How Turmeric is Used in Mountain Ice Muscle Therapy Gel
Turmeric, a versatile, natural plant long renowned for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, is a key ingredient in our new Mountain Ice Muscle Therapy Gel. But how does this powerful ingredient work to propel your body to peak athletic performance? Read on to find out!
The Power of Curcumin
The active ingredient in turmeric is curcumin, a chemical compound responsible for the distinctive color of the plant. Curcumin has exhibited a number of potential medical benefits that have relevance to its use in Mountain Ice Muscle Therapy Gel:
- Anti-inflammatory: When applied topically, turmeric containing curcumin can reduce markers of inflammation, relieving symptoms of conditions like osteoarthritis. this is why turmeric is in our our original Mountain Ice formula!
- Reduce oxidative stress: The imbalance of antioxidants and free radicals can cause cellular damage resulting in inflammation. Antioxidants like curcumin can reduce this damage.
- Body fat regulation: Turmeric has shown promise in inhibiting the inflammatory pathways of obesity. For those exercising to manage body weight issues, turmeric may be a significant boon.
- Metabolic regulation: Turmeric and curcumin can improve the metabolism of blood sugar, reducing the impact of diabetes. Another benefit for those using physical activity to help manage obesity!
- Antifungal and antibacterial: Those in high contact sports or who train in gyms regularly are at increased risk for skin infection and may want to consider topical curcumin for these qualities.
- Improved skin health: Curcumin and turmeric applied topically have shown promise in reducing the effects of inflammatory skin conditions, which athletes are at increased risk of developing.
Better Absorption with Mountain Ice Muscle Therapy Gel
A common concern about turmeric is curcumin's instability and low bioavailability - this means that absorption can be difficult when ingested orally. In oral supplements, curcumin levels should be high to get all the amazing benefits of this compound.
As topical ingredients, however, turmeric and curcumin truly shine. Studies suggest that the issues that can inhibit their effectiveness in oral supplements are far less present when applied as part of a topical substance. In particular, curcumin has a low level of water solubility, making it difficult to absorb into the body through the small intestine. It's fat-soluble, however, a mechanism shared by Vitamins A, D, E, and K, which similarly have valuable effects on skin health and reducing inflammation. Topical absorption may also be ideal for curcumin, and the ingredients in Mountain Ice Muscle Therapy Gel promote absorption deep into the skin to deal with pain at its source.
Ingredients Working Together
Recent studies have indicated that curcumin in combination with Boswellia, another vital ingredient in Mountain Ice Muscle Therapy Gel, may be effective in reducing joint pain and muscle injury after exercise, particularly stiffness and soreness in the knees. Our Muscle Therapy Gel gives you the full effect of these two ingredients working together to help you reach your full athletic potential!