National Healthy Skin Month: How Aloe Vera is Used in Mountain Ice Advanced Hand Sanitizer
Aloe vera, a succulent plant long heralded for its effectiveness in wound care, is one of the powerful ingredients that makes Mountain Ice Advanced Hand Sanitizer so effective. But how does it work to help kill germs and moisturize your skin at the same time? Read on to find out!
It's common to find aloe vera as a component in skin care products as well as some topical medications. Its potential impact on skin health includes numerous conditions:
- Wound healing: Multiple studies have indicated aloe vera's effectiveness in wound care, particularly in accelerating the healing process.
- Sunburn: There is evidence to suggest that aloe vera can be effective in healing first and second degree burns, including sunburn. It's
- Acne: Aloe vera combined with acne medication has been shown in studies to reduce acne more than medication alone.
- Psoriasis: Aloe vera's anti-inflammatory qualities have potential in treating psoriasis flareups, as some studies indicate.
So why does aloe vera do so much for your skin? It has a number of properties that allow it to aid in healing, protecting, and moisturizing your skin:
- Anti-Inflammatory: Studies suggest that the polysaccharides in plants of the aloe genus are responsible for its anti-inflammatory qualities by inhibiting cyclooxygenase, an enzyme responsible for inflammation. This is the same mechanism used by drugs like aspirin and ibuprofen.
- Faster healing: Substances contained in aloe vera speed up healing from tissue damage. Polysaccharides increase cellular movement, promoting faster tissue regrowth, while glucomannan stimulates the growth of fibroblasts, the most common cell in our connective tissue.
- Moisturizing: Heavily comprised of water, aloe vera hydrates the skin, but that's not all. Its phytosterols, naturally-occurring plant steroids, relieve itchiness and irritation while creating a moisture barrier that prevents water loss through the skin.
Why Put Aloe Vera in Mountain Ice Advanced Hand Sanitizer?
Aloe vera has been used in hand sanitizer for its moisturizing properties. But it's so much more in Mountain Ice Advanced Hand Sanitizer. Our unique formulation contains tea tree oil not only for its ability to fight viruses and bacteria, but also for its ability to repair skin damage and moisturize the skin. The alcohol that's necessary for an effective hand sanitizer can easily dry out your skin. But working together with Vitamin E and Tea Tree Oil, Aloe Vera allows Mountain Ice Advanced Hand Sanitizer to soothe your skin as it disinfects, making for a hand sanitizer you can use repeatedly over the course of your day without irritation or uncomfortable dryness.
If you're stocking up on hand sanitizer for the cold and flu season, as well as the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, consider Mountain Ice Advanced Hand Sanitizer. Our hand sanitizer goes above and beyond the usual formulations, with a potent 72% Ethyl Alcohol makeup for superior germ-killing power, as well as soothing agents that protect the skin barrier, heal wounds quickly, and moisturize as you disinfect.