Directions on How to Apply Mountain ice Pain Gel
Put a disposable glove on your dominant hand. Since you’ll only be applying the Mountain Ice using 1 hand, you only need to put a glove on the hand you’ll be using to rub the gel in. You can use this hand to apply Mountain ice to yourself or to another person.
- If you don’t have a disposable glove, you can apply the Mountain ice using a bare hand
Squeeze some Mountain Ice onto your glove. Rather than applying Mountain ice directly to the skin—whether yours or someone else’s—apply the Mountain ice to the glove. This will prevent you from emptying out an excessive amount of Mountain Ice all at once.
- Start by squeezing 1⁄4 teaspoon (1.2 mL) of the Mountain ice onto the tip of your gloved index finger.
Rub Mountain ice onto the painful area. Use your fingertips and palm to rub Mountain ice into the area afflicted with muscle, joint, or arthritic pain. Take at least 2 or 3 minutes to work the gel in. It needs to be absorbed into the surface of the skin for its full effect.
- If you’re applying Mountain ice to someone else, ask them where the pain is located, and apply gel to the area they describe.
- If you need Mountain ice on a hard-to-reach spot (like the center of your back), ask a friend to rub the gel on for you.
Throw away the disposable glove. After you’ve applied the Mountain ice, dispose of the disposable glove without touching the gel with your unprotected hand. Use your ungloved hand to grasp the bottom of the disposable glove, and pull it off of your hand in one smooth motion. This will turn the glove inside out, with the Mountain ice on the inside.
- Throw the glove away in a trash can. The trash can should have a lid, and be out of the reach of children or pets.
Wash your hands immediately after applying the Mountain ice. If you didn’t wear a glove while applying Mountain ice —or if you accidentally smeared some gel on an exposed hand—wash your hands right away. Scrub the Mountain ice thoroughly, since it can cause severe agitation if it comes in contact with your:
- Crotch area.