How Do the Ingredients in Mountain Ice Fight Arthritis Pain?
Whether you have osteoarthritis (OA) or an autoimmune form of arthritis like Rheumatoid arthritis (RA), Mountain Ice can help! The potent combination of all-natural ingredients in Mountain Ice is uniquely formulated to deal with all facets of arthritis: preventing inflammatory response, reducing swelling, alleviating pain and stiffness, increasing mobility, and repairing joint tissue. Mountain Ice does more than relieve pain -- it penetrates deep into your joints to address pain and inflammation at their source.
- Prevents inflammation by inhibiting the inflammatory enzyme, cyclooxygenase.
Tea Tree Oil
- Contains terpinen-4-ol, which suppresses the production of chemical mediators of inflammation. This prevents inflammatory response.
- Effectiveness in reducing inflammation in autoimmune skin conditions suggests potential effectiveness for autoimmune forms of arthritis.
Arnica Flower Extract
- Contains helenalin, a chemical compound that inhibits production of inflammatory proteins, preventing and reducing inflammation.
- Contains thymol, a vasodilator that increases blood flow to alleviate muscle and joint stiffness.
- Reduces inflammation by blocking inflammatory proteins.
- Reduces pain by numbing nerve endings, producing a cooling sensation.
- Improves circulation, alleviating muscle and joint stiffness.
- Antispasmodic properties reduce the muscle spasms and cramps common with arthritis, particularly RA.
- Enhances shock-absorbing properties of collagen, helping joints resist damage.
- Blocks enzymes that break down cartilage.
- Helps cartilage retain water, decreasing friction on joints and distributing pressure over a wider area, which reduces joint wear.
- A natural compound found in joint cartilage that helps to grow and repair cartilage, preventing wear & tear that causes OA.
- Lubricates joints and helps cartilage retain water, preventing it from breaking down. Strong cartilage means less wear on joints.
- As an organic sulfur compound, is required to form and repair connective tissue, healing joint damage.
- Diminishes nerve impulses that transmit pain signalling.
- Binds to water in the joint, creating a viscous fluid that improves lubrication and acts as a shock absorber for stress on the joint.
- Promotes tissue growth in cartilage, strengthening connective tissue between bones.
- Regulates inflammation in damaged tissue, preventing excess inflammatory response.
Ilex Paraguariensis Leaf (Yerba Mate)
- Inhibits the migration of white blood cells called leukocytes to inflammatory sites. This reduces additional damage in areas of chronic inflammation, as well as alleviates pain.
- Reduces concentrations of exudate, excess fluid responsible for the pleural effusion associated with Rheumatoid arthritis.
- Stimulates cold receptors in the skin, providing a cooling effect that desensitizes nerve endings.
- Reduces local blood flow to the area of application, reducing swelling and inflammation.
- Curcumin, the main chemical in turmeric, blocks cytokines and enzymes involved in inflammation response, including 5-LOX and cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2). This reduces joint inflammation.
- Promotes rebuilding of the plasma membrane around cells, helping to strengthen the connective tissue around bones and joints.
- A powerful antioxidant that combats oxidative stress, which can cause long-term cell damage.
- Inhibits the release of proinflammatory cytokines, proteins that signal inflammatory response, in order to prevent inflammation.