How Green Tea Extract is Used in Mountain Ice Sports Recovery Gel
Green tea extract, renowned for its antioxidant properties, is one of the many powerful, all-natural ingredients in new Mountain Ice Sports Recovery Gel. But how does it help you enhance athletic performance and longevity? Read on to find out!
How the Antioxidants in Green Tea Can Benefit Athletic Performance
Multiple types of tea are made from the Camellia sinensis plant, with differences among these types being found in the harvesting times and preparation. Unlike black tea, green tea leaves are not fermented, but instead dried in the sun and steamed. This prevents the loss of some of the healthiest compounds found in the tea.
So what are these compounds? Green tea has numerous catechins, polyphenol compounds with strong antioxidant properties, the most common of which is epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG). Found in high quantities in green tea, EGCG has been linked to reduced inflammation. This takes a number of pathways: for instance, EGCG helps to inhibit leukocyte migration, meaning that it prevents excessive amounts of white blood cells from reaching a site of inflammation. It also plays a part in reducing oxidative stress.
Other Benefits of Green Tea
The benefits of green tea extract are still being investigated, but its natural compounds have relevant properties for athletic performance.
- Reduced Oxidative Stress: Oxidative stress, the imbalance of free radicals and antioxidants, can cause cellular damage resulting in inflammation, sometimes even as a chronic condition. EGCG increases antioxidants which helps to balance out free radicals and reduce this damage.
- Improved Skin Health: Green tea extract applied topically can help reduce damage to skin cells from sources like sun exposure, a definite boon to athletes who perform outdoor sports!
- Increased Fat Oxidation: EGCG is connected to an increase in fat oxidation, the breakdown of fatty acids, during exercise. Fatty acids are converted into energy, so increased fat oxidation may provide an energy boost.
- Weight Loss: Increased fat oxidation also has positive effects on weight loss, which can help you achieve and maintain your target body weight.
- Improved Circulation: EGCG's heart healthy properties can help improve your blood circulation, which will allow your body to deliver more oxygen during physical exertion.
Are you looking to boost your athletic performance and improve recovery time from physical exertion? Try Mountain Ice Sports Recovery Gel today!