Mountain Ice Eczema Cream: 10 Ingredients to Reduce Your Eczema Inflammation and Flare-Ups This Summer
Eczema (atopic dermatitis) causes inflamed, irritated skin and requires careful management to handle flare ups. Management means being aware of your eczema triggers, and it also means finding the right treatment methods, such as Mountain Ice Eczema Cream. Read on to learn about the powerful ingredients that make our eczema cream so effective at hydrating, soothing, and restoring your skin!
- How It Works: This powerful, anti-inflammatory plant contains polysaccharides that inhibit enzymes responsible for inflammation. It helps promote faster healing from wounds and skin damage by promoting faster tissue regrowth. Aloe vera is also high in phytosterols, naturally-occurring plant steroids, which relieve itchiness and irritation while creating a moisture barrier that prevents water loss through the skin.
Collagen Peptide Protein
- How It Works: The main structural protein in our connective tissue, collagen is vital in keeping our skin strong and elastic, preventing damage and keeping moisture inside the skin barrier. It also has anti-inflammatory properties that have been shown in studies to reduce eczema flare-ups.
- How It Works: This carbohydrate is a primary component of the extracellular matrix, which helps bind cells together and strengthen them, meaning it's vital for strong, healthy skin. Hyaluronic acid is anti-inflammatory and helps your skin retain water, moisturizing it. It's also necessary for the growth of new skin cells following damage, and is found in high concentrations in granulation tissue, the connective tissue that grows to fill in wounds. It doesn't just bind moisture to skin cells, but binds skin cells together.
Kiwi Seed Oil
- How It Works: This oil, derived from the seeds of the kiwi fruit, has a high concentration of essential Omega-3 fatty acids that makes for strong anti-inflammatory action. It's also high in Vitamin C, which helps form skin-restoring collagen, and Vitamin E, a powerful moisturizer.
- How It Works: An effective antioxidant, oregano oil's main active compound carvacrol reduces inflammation. Another compound in oregano oil, thymol, exhibits strong antibacterial and antifungal properties that can protect your skin from irritants.
Tea Tree Oil
- How It Works: Well-regarded for its skin-restorative properties, this natural oil helps to reduce the severity of itching and dryness, oiliness, acne, and of course, eczema. Its high concentration of terpinen-4-ol has significant anti-inflammatory properties and has even found to be an effective antifungal agent.
- How It Works: Circumin, the active ingredient of the turmeric plant, is a powerful antioxidant that inhibits inflammatory response by blocking the proteins that create inflammation.
- How It Works: An effective antioxidant that supports the growth of healthy skin cells and the formation of skin-restoring collagen.
- How It Works: This fat-soluble vitamin naturally occurs in sebum, the waxy, oily substance that lubricates skin. Vitamin E both moisturizes and maintains the cell membrane, helping to keep moisture locked in the skin. It helps to absorb UVB rays, the form of light responsible for sunburns and aging skin, preventing skin damage, and is a powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory substance.
- How It Works: As the primary active ingredient in many sunscreens, this mineral protects your skin from both UVA and UVB rays. As an antibacterial agent it prevents irritants from damaging your skin, and strengthens the skin barrier to keep water in, preventing damage and dryness. It's also effective at soothing skin irritation.
Treating Eczema with Mountain Ice Eczema Cream
Mountain Ice Eczema Cream is an advanced formula that hydrates, restores, and rebalances the lipid layer of the skin. These epidermal lipids play an essential role in the skin's barrier, retaining moisture and protecting against dryness and inflammation. Our formula contains a unique lipid concentrate that moisturizes the skin while repairing the damage caused by harmful irritants. The skin's barrier is vital for healthy skin. Mountain Ice Eczema Cream replenishes and strengthens that barrier.